Where do you tattoo?
Drawing Wolf Studio is an independent studio, located on Pender Island at at the Driftwood Center (4605 Bedwell Harbour Road). Pender Island is one of the Southern Gulf Islands on unceded Coast Salish Territory, off the West Coast of British Columbia, Canada. Pender Island is accessible from Vancouver and Victoria via Ferry. Ferry schedules can be found at BCFERRIES.COM. (Ferry service to Pender Island can be limited, depending on the time of year, please look into the schedule when booking your appointment, and if you need any assistance in figuring out the departure and arrival times between Pender Island (Otter Bay) and Vancouver and Victoria, let me know, I am happy to help you figure out your trip.)
ACCESSIBILITY INFO: Pender Island has a public bus that runs on Fridays, otherwise the studio can only be accessed by vehicle. The Walk from the ferry to the studio is over an hour long, but hitch hiking is commonplace on the island, so much so that there are “car stops” to wait at for a ride, should you be comfortable doing so. The studio itself is not wheelchair accessible as it is located on the second floor of a building with no alternative to stairs.
How do I set up an appointment with you? What is your appointment process?
- Visit the “book an appointment” page on my website.
- Select an appointment type (Long, medium, shot or consultation)
- Select a date and time
- Fill out a proposal form
- Await an email response approving your proposal. This usually should not take longer than 72 hours.
- To secure your appointment date and pay for the drawing fee, I charge a $50 deposit. I accept e-transfer or paypal, or cash. The deposit is non-refundable should you cancel/reschedule your appointment.
- Be sure to have your travel plans confirmed if you are travelling to Pender by ferry for your appointment.
- Please be clear about how much of your design you wish to see before your appointment date. I often send a sketch of the tattoo to your email as I develop your design. If you need a design sketch before a certain date, please let me know. The appointment date typically starts with a final consult to go over your design and ensure it is to your satisfaction! Don’t feel like you have to say yes to the first sketch, the appointment will allow for some final adjustments, or even dramatic changes to the design.
How much do you charge for your tattoos? How do you accept payment?
I charge 100$ an hour (1hr minimum), with a $50 deposit when we book the appointment, the deposit acts as a drawing and booking fee. My minimum rate for an appointment is $100 excluding the deposit. Should you have to cancel/reschedule your appointment, your $50 deposit will be forfeited. I accept payment by cash, Paypal, and Interac E-Transfer. I do not take debit or credit at this time.
How detailed does my tattoo idea/description need to be when I book an appointment?
I am happy to work with as much or as little information you choose to give me. Some designs are based off of an entire story, scene, or landscape, while others are merely spurred by a word or thought, quote, animal, season, etc. Any final details will be determined in person, when you visit for you appointment. Sometimes the most fun part of the whole appointment is developing the design, where myself and the client can collaborate and uncover your idea’s inner workings.
Could I commission a tattoo drawing for another tattoo artist to tattoo, if I cannot travel to Pender island for a tattoo by you?
I do not provide this service anymore, sorry!
What are your work hours?
My tattooing availability varies per month, I typically tattoo between Tuesday and Friday 11-5pm. Keep up-to-date on my availability through my newsletter, which you sign up for by emailing email@example.com with “mailing list” as the subject.
Do you do travel to do guest spots? Will you ever be in my city?
I currently am rooted on Pender Island, though I will be tattooing in Vancouver for a week at the end of February: Feb 19th-25th
How can I reach you about a tattoo inquiry?
Please send tattoo inquiries to DRAWINGWOLFTATTOO@GMAIL.COM